Monday, January 24, 2011

The Nashville Retrospect

If you had ancestors in Nashville, or if you are like me, and grew up in a Nashville much different than the one of today, you should have every copy of this newspaper. I have not read a single issue that hasn't carried me back to my childhood and reminded me of memories long forgotten.

The Nashville Retrospect is a great mix of reprints from old newspaper articles
(all the way back to the 1800s), as well as first person accounts of
life and events in early Nashville.

If you are local, you can pick up your FREE monthly copy at over 300 locations
city-wide. If you are out of town, a subscription is available for a nominal
charge. And the best news, they have back issues available for ordering, so you
still have a chance to catch up (my missing copies arrived 48 hours
after I ordered them).

Check out Editor and Publisher Allen Forkum's gift to Nashville history lovers.



The Nashville Retrospect

No comments:

Post a Comment